- Leave the bandage on for 1 to 2 hours. Do not re-bandage your tattoo.
- Gently clean your tattoo at least twice a day, using warm water and fragrance-free, antibacterial soap.
- Pat dry and apply a small amount of Aquaphor. Use only enough so that the tattoo is shiny.
- Apply Aquaphor as needed throughout the day; the key is not to allow your tattoo to dry out.
- Do not pick or scratch at your tattoo.
- After 4 to 5 days, you may switch from Aquaphor to a fragrance-free lotion, such as Jergens or Curel.
* Avoid exposing your tattoo to direct sunlight and do not submerge your tattoo under water for the first 2 weeks